All Children's Chorus of Annapolis Gets Ready for New Season
Upcoming performances include the tree lighting at Park Place and the State House by Candlelight.
The ensemble includes children from all across Anne Arundel, Prince Georges and Baltimore counties, according to a release.
It is an auditioned community chorus for singers age 7-18, and is comprised of three ensembles: Training Chorus (2nd-5th grade), Treble Chorus (4th-7th grade), and Chamber Singers (8th-12th grade).
“As we begin our 11th season, All Children’s Chorus of Annapolis is excited to bring together youth that share a love of choral music,” Julie Culotta, artistic director, said in an email. “We are so fortunate to be a part of a community that fully embraces the arts and we look forward to sharing our music in many performances throughout Anne Arundel County this year.”
Planned performances for this season include:
- Nov. 14, 5:30 p.m.: Lord & Taylor Holiday Event at Westfield Annapolis mall. The chorus will be part of a world premiere of a new song by composers Jim Papoulis and Fransisco Nunez. Children’s choruses across the country participate at various Lord & Taylor locations.
- Nov. 27, 6 to 8 p.m.: Park Place Christmas Tree Lighting Celebration. Guests can join along with carols, listen to holiday music, and enjoy the festivities in the main plaza.
- Dec. 3, 2 p.m.: Kinderkonzert with Chesapeake Youth Symphony Orchestra at Maryland Hall in Annapolis.
- Dec. 3, 7:30 p.m.: State House by Candlelight. The chorus will participate in a holiday concert at the State House.
- Dec. 11, 3 p.m.: ACCA Holiday Concert and Community Carol-Sing, Calvary United Methodist Church, 301 Rowe Blvd., Annapolis. Annual Holiday Concert featuring all three. Tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for children and are available online at www.acca.ticketleap.com.
- Feb. 11, 7 p.m.: Young Voices of Maryland Festival featuring the All Children’s Chorus of Annapolis, the Glorystar Children's Chorus, the Maryland State Boychoir and the Frederick Children's Chorus. This year's festival is hosted by the Frederick Children's Chorus in Frederick.
- April 22, 1 to 3 p.m.: Earth, Water & Faith Festival, Annapolis Towne Centre at Parole.
- May 12: Let's Celebrate! ACCA’s Final Concert and Reception. Tickets available online and at the door: www.acca.ticketleap.com. Location to be announced.
- May 19, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Let Liberty Ring, a special event honoring the Liberty Bell at Trinity United Methodist Church, 1300 West St., Annapolis.
The chorus is partially funded by the Cultural Arts Foundation of Anne Arundel County, Maryland State Arts Council, and city of Annapolis.