The Market House remains shut, but exactly when it will reopen remains a mystery.
The last we had heard, from Alderman Ross Arnett (D-Ward 8), the opening of the Market House would likely be pushed from March to May.
After we had some questions from our readers about opening day on the Annapolis Patch Facebook page, we thought we'd check with the city.
"The Market House is on schedule to open in spring of 2013," wrote Rhonda Wardlaw, public information officer for the city of Annapolis, in an email.
We asked for more of a definitive date—apparently, there isn't one yet.
Wardlaw wrote, "The first day of spring is March 20 and the first day of summer is June 21 - hope that helps."
Readers may recall that Mayor Josh Cohen made a promise to jump into Spa Creek when the Market House reopens. Cohen said he'd take the leap if it didn't open by Oct. 1, 2012.
Stay tuned to Patch for updates as soon as they are available.
- Market House Opening Likely Delayed Until May
- ABA Fuming Over Crafters' Use of Market House for Midnight Madness
- City to Close Parking, Repave Market Space
- City Pays $82,500 to Former Market House Vendor
- Mayor To Walk Plank When Market House Reopens
- Merchants Not Surprised by Market House Delay
- Vendor Applications Available for Market House