Appreciate the Home and the Arts this Weekend
What better way to spend a weekend than with Vern Yip from TLC's "Trading Spaces" at the Annapolis Home Show?
Patch is coming to the rescue. We've got the best bets for your done-with-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: Annapolis Armory / Army National Guard Recruiter, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why: Find everything you need for your home all located in one spot with demonstrations, experts to answer your questions and celebrity guest appearance by Vern Yip from TLC's "Trading Spaces" and HGTV's "Design Star" Judge.
- Price: $5 for adults, $4 for active/retired military, kids 11 and under free.
- Where/When: Quiet Waters Park, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
- Why: This annual festival features artists from around the region presenting a variety of works and demonstrations. Enjoy live music, food and fun activities for all.
- Price: Free admission and parking.
- Where/When: Whole Foods Market, 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- Why: Get some fresh inspiration for your breakfast menu at home with the free demonstration and recipes. Healthy eating can be quick and easy.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Maryland Renaissance Festival Grounds. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, continuing on weekends through Oct. 23.
- Why: Calling all ladies, lords and peasants alike. The Renaissance Festival begins this weekend to party like its the 16th century with the quaint village, jousting matches and strolling performers.
- Price: Adults: $19, seniors: $16, children 7-15: $9, children under 7 are free.
- Where/When: Bin 201 Wine Sellers. 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Why:Learn the invaluable skill of how to match the right wine with the right dish. Discover which wines pair with which cuisine and even better, why. Expand your taste buds and maybe even impress your partner. Each class includes a tasting of 6 wines in Bin 201's private tasting room. Advance ticket purchase is required.
- Price: Prices vary from $29 to $39 per person.