Broadneck High School is preparing to host one of the largest marching band tournaments in the state this Saturday.
More than a dozen high school bands from all over the state will compete during the annual Bands by the Bay USBands marching tournament on Saturday, starting at 5 p.m.
The event will feature a preshow performance music students from the entire Broadneck feeder system, including over 250 elementary, middle and high school students performing together on the marching field.
The USBands organization was formed in the fall of 1988 to provide high school band programs with a competitive circuit featuring the best musicians from across the continent.
Participating high schools in this year's competition include:
- Great Mills High School from Great Mills
- Annapolis Area Christian High School from Annapolis
- Northern High School from Owings
- Huntingtown High School from Huntington
- Maurice J. McDonough High School from Pomfret
- Reservoir High School from Fulton
- Cesar Rodney High School from Camden, DE
- Meade High School from Fort Meade
- Chesapeake High School from Pasadena
- Thomas Stone High School from Waldorf
- Old Mill High School from Millersville
- Rising Sun High School from North East
The competition is open to the public. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students.