Celebrity Chefs to Serve up Snakehead Fish Tonight at Rockfish
The event, which starts at 7 p.m. and features celebrity names like Barton Seaver, Scott Drewno (Wolfgang Puck DC), Chad Wife (Alewife in Baltimore) will benefit the Oyster Recovery Partnership.
Does a snakehead fish taste just like chicken?
Find out for yourself at Rockfish restaurant in Eastport tonight (Tuesday) where celebrity chefs will be putting their unique spin on the fish for patrons. The charity event will benefit the Oyster Recovery Partnership. The event, Celebrity Snakehead Dinner to Benefit Oyster Recovery Partnership, starts with cocktails and a raw bar at 7 p.m.
Tickets are $100 per person (or $300 for a table for four), which includes local beer, wine and oyster bar, a six-course seafood meal with beer and wine pairings starring local invasive fish species.
It should be an informative evening with great food from the Chesapeake Bay.
Celebrity chefs include:
- Barton Seaver, National Geographic Fellow, Author, and Washington DC Chef
- Scott Drewno, Executive Chef at The Source by Wolfgang Puck in Washington DC
- Chad Wells, Executive Chef at Alewife in Baltimore Maryland
- Spike Gjerde, Executive Chef and Owner of Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore
- Kyle Bailey, Executive Chef at Birch & Barley in Washington DC
- Victor Albisu, Executive Chef at BLT Steak in Washington DC
- Dennis Marron, Executive Chef at Poste Moderne Brasserie in Washington DC
- Michael Stavlas, Executive Chef at Hellas Restaurant and Lounge in Millersville Maryland
- Jimmy McCarthy, Executive Chef at Rockfish in Annapolis Maryland
From the event website: "Each Chef will prepare the invasive Snakehead in their own unique style, demonstrating how doing something good for the environment can taste so great!"
Between dinner courses, notable speakers including National Geographic Fellow, Barton Seaver, will discuss the local fisheries and answer questions. Other featured speakers will include:
- Steve Vilnit, Commercial Fisheries Outreach and Marketing for Maryland DNR Fisheries Service
- Austin Murphy, Pro-Staffer, Whackfactor Outdoors, LLC Organizer - Potomac Snakehead Tournament
- Stephan Abel, Executive Director, Oyster Recovery Partnership ORP
- Greg Casten, President, ProFish Ltd
- John Rorapaugh, Vice President Sustainable Initiatives, ProFish Ltd
Call Sara McDonald at The Rockfish 410-267-1800 to purchase your ticket or table with a major credit card.
Event organizers say, "If you can't beat em, eat em!"