Enjoy the Season
Head to the park for a picnic and more with your family this week.
We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children. Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
We know you're busy, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable driving distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each week, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips—just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you.
Hit the Theme Park at a Discount
- Where/When: Quiet Waters Park, 600 Quiet Waters Park Rd.
- Why: Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks offers discounted rates to theme parks around the region. Stop by the office at Quiet Waters Park (cash or money order only) to buy your tickets ahead of time for Six Flags America, Hershey Park, Dutch Wonderland, Sesame Place, Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, Water Country and Dorney Park.
- Price: Discounts vary from park to park.
Park and Paddle or Pedal
- Where/When: Quiet Waters Park, 600 Quiet Waters Park Rd, Annapolis, MD.
- Why: Gather the family, pack a lunch and head to the park. Quiet Waters Park offers something for everyone, stop by the playground to let younger children run off some energy then head to the water for some boating fun. Paddle or Pedal offers paddle boats, kayaks and canoe's available by the hour or day. If you bring your dog, don't worry about it since you can borrow a doggie life jacket while you are on the water.
- Price: $6 per vehicle for admission to the park. Prices vary for boat rentals.
- Where/When: Begins at West St., looping Church Circle, heading down Main St. and ending at City Dock. Monday, 9 a.m.
- Why: Everyone loves a parade. Honor those who have served our country with this patriotic parade through Downtown Annapolis ending with a wreath-laying ceremony by the Fleet Reserve Club.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Annapolis Harbour Center, Parole. Wednesday, 11 a.m.
- Why: Enjoy a storytime break, let the kids get swept away with tale while you enjoy a cup of coffee and some adult conversation for a perfect mid-week reprieve.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Annapolis Bowl, 2057 Generals Hwy., Parole. Wednesday, 3 to 5 p.m.
- Why: Bowl as fast a you can for a flat price. Grab the kids and let them blow off some of that extra energy that bubbles to the surface during spring.
- Price: $5 per person.