Gas Price in Greater Annapolis Jumps, Of Course
The price of a gallon of regular increased more than a dime in the past week, according to AAA. Approaching record high of three years ago.
This week, Mid-Atlantic AAA reported the average cost of a gallon of regular fuel in the Baltimore region, which includes Greater Annapolis, was $3.71. That’s up 11 cents per gallon from the average price of $3.60 last week.
The price is a dime short of being a dollar more than the price for this week last year, when it was $2.81 for a gallon of regular gas.
The record high was in June 2008 when the price for a gallon of regular was $4.02, according to AAA records.
Statewide, AAA said the average price for a gallon of regular was $3.72, 11 cents more than the average in Maryland a week ago. Once again, that’s significantly higher than the statewide average for this time last year, when the price was $2.83. That’s an 89 cent jump in price.
Here is a rundown on local regular gas prices in Greater Annapolis from Motor Trend as of Tuesday.
- Shell, 2232 Bay Ridge Ave.: $3.73.
- Exxon, 1000 Forest Dr.: $3.69.
- BP, 524 Defense Hwy.: $3.74.
- Sam's Club, Generals Hwy.: $3.67 (lowest in region, must be a member).
- Exxon, 161 Defense Hwy.: $3.75.
- Shell, 2575 Riva Rd.: $3.79.
- Citgo, 502 S Cherry Grove Ave.: $3.87.
- Exxon, 2069 West St.: $3.75.
- BP, 140 Old Solomons Island Rd.: $3.79.
- Shell, 811 Bestgate Rd.: $3.70.
AAA has a new free app, the Trip Tik mobile app for the iphone to help motorists compare gas prices close to and far away from home.
AAA also offers some tips to help conserve gas:
- Avoid idling when possible.
- Use cruise control when possible and maintain constant speed.
- Avoid carrying more weight (heavier=more gas).
- Don’t brake or accelerate too quickly.
- Keep tires properly filled.