Get Psyched Up for Navy Football
Enjoy some family fun and Navy pride this weekend!
We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children. Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
We know you're busy, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable driving distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each week, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips—just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you.
- Where/When: City of Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department. Saturday, 8 a.m.
- Why: Kids can learn how to recognize and repair their bikes with the assistance of more experienced mechanics on site. All funds raised from this program are fed back into the Revolution Kids program helping train teens how to properly repair bikes and instruction in cycling safety.
- Price: $15 + the cost of any supplies that you use from the shop-- i.e. brake cables, gear cables, tubes.
- Where/When: Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Why: Get fired up for the fall season of Navy Football during this special event for fans & players to interact. Don't miss this opportunity to get autographs from your favorite players, play some games, enjoy live music and more. Fans attending should enter the parking lot through Gate 5 off of Taylor Avenue and enter the stadium on the Blue or press box side, the website states.
- Price: Free admission, $5 parking fee.
- Where/When: Bow-Tie Cinemas Harbour 9. Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m.
- Why: As the Summer Film Series is winding down, don't miss this showing of Gulliver's Travels in 2D one more time on the big screen. Doors open at 9 a.m. and seating is first come, first serve and limited to theater capacity. No substitutions will be made for missed seating.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Annapolis Area Library Branch. Wednesday, 5 p.m.
- Why: Tweens and teens can take a break from the heat and play some games with friends at the library.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Annapolis Maritime Museum. Thursday at 7 p.m.
- Why: Don't miss the smooth performance by Raw Hands delivering a blend of jazz and rock'n'roll. Concert held at Cap'n Herbie Sadler Waterman's Park located on the museum campus.
- Price: $10 suggested donation.