Stores in downtown Annapolis will keep their doors open until midnight on Thursday and again on Dec. 13 for the annual block party known as Midnight Madness.
Visitors to Main Street, State Circle, Maryland Avenue and inner West Street will enjoy musical performances, refreshments and discounts from area retailers.
Here's what will be going on around downtown.
- Brown Eyed Girl—10 percent off all jewelry.
- Hats in the Belfry— Free homemade pumpkin bread; sales throughout the store; $12 hat boxes will be discounted to $5 with any hat purchase.
- Shades Unlimited—The entire store will be on sale from 20 to 40 percent off; Oakleys and Ray Bans will be 30 percent off; hot chocolate will be served
- Shades of the Bay—Free gift with purchase of $100 or more; Gucci and Coach glasses will be 25 percent off; Reef sandals will be 40 percent off; hot chocolate, white wine and red wine will be served.
- Star Monograms—All Christmas merchandise 15 percent off.
- Alpaca International —Live baby alpacas will be outside the store; most merchandise will be on sale.
- Mary & Blanche—Employees will serve chocolate cookies and hot spiced cider.
- Paws Pet Boutique—In addition to doggie treats, the store will offer refreshments for humans as well as free gift wrapping.
- Re-Sails—Blue and Gold duffel bags and totes will be 20 percent off; employees will be serving wine and appetizers.
- Annapolis Green will host its annual Christmas Party at the Maryland Inn from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. featuring the live music of Swarbrick & Birney.
- Annebeth's will host Flying Dog Brewery from 5 to 8 p.m. for a tasting of their beer as well as some chocolates.
- The Old Mill High School Steel Drum Band will perform by the Christmas tree on City Dock.
- Vocalist Lisa Bodenburg will perform at Zachary's Jewelers and employees will be serving eggnog and holiday appetizers.
- Sons of the Severn and the Chesapeake Academy Chorus will meander through the city streets while singing from 6 to 9 p.m.
- The Maryland Inn will host Bates Middle School's Performing Arts Chorus.
- WRNR and WNAV will broadcast live from City Dock.
- Jazz Perpetrators will perform at Rams Head Tavern
- Annebeth's will host Annapolis-based Great Frogs winery for a tasting from 7 to 10 p.m. and Taylor's Toffee from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Strolling performances by Sons of the Severn from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Vocalist Lisa Bodenburg will perform for a second time at Zachary's Jewelers and employees will still be serving eggnog and holiday appetizers.
- Strings of the Chesapeake will play on Main Street.
- WRNR and WNAV will again broadcast live from City Dock.