Make a Date for Romance and Music this Weekend
Spend some time in the kitchen with your sweetheart or head to one of these great concerts.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We've got the best bets for your done-with-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: Whole Foods Market, Friday at 7 to 9 p.m.
- Why: Learn some new techniques in the kitchen with your partner while you spice up your palette. The class will be preparing a variety of gourmet appetizers.
- Price: $95.
- Where/When: Annapolis Towne Centre at Parole, Friday at 7:30 p.m.
- Why: Kick off your weekend with dinner, shopping and a free concert by Meg and Bryan. This acoustic duo will perform a wide range of rock music.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: Anne Arundel County Fairgrounds, Saturday from 11:30 a.m.
- Why: Enjoy a wide variety of music with three stages, 20 bands, games and fun for the entire family.
- Price: $45, Ages 6 and under free. Parking is free.
Homestead Gardens 3rd Annual Annapolis Tomato Festival-POSTPONED until Sept. 10
- Where/When: Homestead Gardens, Saturday from noon.
- Why: Taste a great array of tomato samples and don't miss the fun competitions slated for this event. There's the 2nd Annual Chesapeake Chili Cook-off from 12:30 to 2 p.m., the Salsa Competition from 2 to 4 p.m., the 2nd Annual Ledo's Fastest Pizza Eating Contest at 3 p.m. and live music throughout the day.
- Price: Individuals are $10 each, family of 4 is $25 (children under 10 are free).