Mayor Outlines Capital Spending Plan for Next Year
The Capital Improvement Plan includes funding for renovations to City Hall, as well as an overhaul to the Truxtun Park pool.
Cohen submitted the plan to the council as part of his State of the City address Monday night.
The plan maps out the city’s major construction-related projects over the next five years and breaks down which ones will be funded in fiscal year 2013.
According to budget documents, Cohen’s proposed capital budget for the upcoming fiscal year is $14.24 million.
Of that total, $8.9 million is part of the general fund and would be paid for primarily with bond funds.
Some of the main projects include:
- $1.56 million toward a renovation of City Hall. Total project cost—$2.65 million.
- $2.38 million to fully fund a renovation and update of the Truxtun Park pool.
- $2 million for the annual street resurfacing program.
- $600,000 for the annual sidewalk repair program.
- $1.1 million toward an ongoing project to connect trails and sidewalks, including general trail upgrades. Total project cost—$2.65 million.
A public hearing is scheduled for 7 p.m. on April 5 in council chambers.
For more details and a complete breakdown of the spending plan, check out the mayor’s presentation attached to this article.