Oyster Roast, Sock Burning and More Around Annapolis This Weekend
Boat dwellers celebrate the mark of Spring with a sock burning while others may be making plans for that upcoming wedding at an area Bridal Expo.
It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Historic Annapolis Patch has the plan ready for you. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: Loews Annapolis Hotel, 126 West St., Annapolis, MD 21401 . Saturday 6 to 9:30 p.m.
- Why: The 2011 Annapolis Area Christian School Spring Spectacular Auction supports the Annual Fund with a focus this year on technology improvements in the classrooms at all campuses. This event is sure to promise a fun evening.
- Price: $75.
- Where/When: Annapolis Maritime Museum, 723 2nd St, Annapolis, MD. Saturday, 12 to 5 p.m.
Why: The festivities include the burning of the socks – a spring tradition at the Museum – plus live music, oyster shucking and cooking demonstrations, and family activities and exhibits that highlight the importance of the oyster to the health of the Chesapeake Bay, as well as this area’s unique maritime heritage. Of course, there will be plenty of oysters – raw, steamed, fried and roasted plus beer, wine and soft drinks.
Price: $25 per Adult Oyster Eater (All You Can Eat Oysters on the Half Shell - as long as they last), $5 for kids aged 13 – 18, and free for kids 12 and under.
- Where/When: City of Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department, 273 Hilltop Ln, Annapolis, MD 21403. Sunday 7:30 a.m.
- Why: This new event is going to be held on the indoor track and gym at the Pip Moyer Recreation Center(PMRC) for age groups 13-29, 30-39, 40-49, and 50+ (age of race day). Participants will compete in the first ever bike/run competition by cycling 10 miles on stationary bikes then running 2 miles on the track by assigned wave start times given on the race day. Four grand prizes will be awarded: Overall Male Finisher, Overall Female Finisher, Oldest Finisher, Most Creative Racing Gear Finisher.
- Price: PMRC members $35 and non-members $45, includes a race shirt.
- Where/When: In the Greater Annapolis Patch, Pottery Barn, 2370 Annapolis Mall, Annapolis, MD 21401. Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
Why: Enjoy a blissful afternoon discovering all you need to have your dream wedding experience. Hosted by Pottery Barn, the event will feature consultations with the Pottery Barn Entertaining Specialist and more local wedding vendors. Learn the latest trends and fashions at this wedding expo!
Final weekend to catch this local production, show closes on March 19th.
- Where/When: The Bay Theatre Company, 275 West St, Annapolis, MD 21401. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m.
Why: The Bay Theatre Company presents Beyond Therapy by Christopher Durang, with Richard Pilcher directing the show. A comedy that follows the lives of Prudence and Bruce, two New Yorkers looking for stable romantic relationships with the aide of their psychotherapists.
Price: Tickets are $25 to $30, with discounts available to groups, seniors, and students.
Don't forget this is the final weekend to view the Annapolis High presentation of:
- Where/When: Annapolis High, 2700 Riva Rd., Annapolis, MD 21401. Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Why: The Annapolis High Drama Company is bringing "Guys and Dolls" to life on the stage. Staged in New York, a gambler is scrambling to work out the finances to front a craps game, featuring songs like "Luck Be a Lady" and more.
- Price: Adults: presale $10, $12 at the door. Students: presale $5, $8 at door.