About 5,000 people will descend on downtown for the Annapolis Striders' Ten Mile Run this Sunday.
The race starts at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium at 7:45 a.m. and ends back at the Stadium at about 10 a.m. The Annapolis Police Department will be closing several streets on a rolling basis during the run, according to a press release.
People looking to travel in and out of Rowe Boulevard will need to take a detour around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Police officers will direct drivers at the intersections of Farragut Road and Rowe Boulevard and Herbert Sachs and Rowe Boulevard.
Parking on the race route will be not be impacted aside from the brief road closures, and a city press release stated that parking along Main Street and King George Street will not be impacted at all.
Here are the Street Closures for Sunday:
Stadium area/Rowe Boulevard (7:30–8:15 a.m.)
- Taylor Avenue between Cedar Park Road and Rowe Boulevard—closed to traffic until 8:05 a.m.
- Cedar Park Road between Taylor Avenue and Farragut Road—closed to traffic.
- Farragut Road—closed to traffic.
- Rowe Boulevard—Southbound lane from Farragut to Taylor—closed to traffic.
West Annapolis/Taylor Avenue area (8:15–9:30 a.m.)
- Taylor Avenue from Rowe Boulevard to Baltimore Boulevard—closed from 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Intersection of Rowe Boulevard at Taylor Avenue—closed to traffic.
- Taylor Avenue south of Rowe Boulevard—detour around the stadium using Farragut Road and Cedar Park to go toward West Street or re-enter Rowe Boulevard).
Historic area (7:50–8:30 a.m.)
- Rowe Boulevard between Taylor Avenue and Northwest Street—inbound (SE bound) lanes closed to traffic between 7:50 and 8:20 a.m.
- Northwest Street—closed to traffic.
- Church Circle—north portion of circle between Northwest Street and Main Street—closed to traffic; southern portion of circle remains open to traffic.
- Church Circle at College Avenue—closed to traffic when runners are passing.
- Main Street—closed to traffic until 8:20 a.m.
- Main Street and Randall Street—closed to traffic until 8:25 a.m.
- Randall Street and King George Street—closed to traffic.
- King George Street between Randall Street and Baltimore Boulevard—closed to traffic.
- College Avenue at King George Street—closed to traffic entering King George.
Naval Academy Bridge area (8-9:50 a.m.)
- Route 450 from King George Street to USNA Gate 8—closed to traffic.
- Route 450 from USNA Gate 8 to B&A Boulevard—southbound lane closed to traffic. Northbound lane open to metered traffic one direction at a time.
- Route 450 and B&A Boulevard—open to northbound traffic. Southbound traffic metered only.
- Baltimore Boulevard at Bowyer Road—open to northbound metered traffic.
- Baltimore Boulevard at Perry Circle—closed to traffic.
- Baltimore Boulevard at Sellers Road—closed to traffic.
Ritchie Highway (8-9:30 a.m.)
- Ritchie Highway between B&A Boulevard and Boulters Way—southbound lane closed. Two-way traffic on northbound lane.
Boulters Way and Winchester Road (8:10–9:15 a.m.)
- Boulters Way—closed to traffic.
- Boulters Way and Manresa Drive—closed to traffic.
- Boulters Way and S. Winchester Road—closed to traffic.
- Boulters Way and Winchester Road/Summers Run—traffic detoured to Winchester Road.
- Winchester Road from Boulters Way until turn-around south of Waters Ridge Court—closed to southbound traffic. Northbound traffic routed to southbound lane.