Step Out This Weekend and Explore
Options this weekend include taking a ghost tour, reading BIG books and enjoying a lighthouse cruise.
It’s Thursday and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for this weekend.
- Where/When: The Bay Theatre Company, 275 West St., Annapolis, MD 21401. Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m., Sunday at 3 p.m.
- Why: Chesapeake by Lee Blessing is a comedic political story that everyone can appreciate. The star actor portrays a variety of roles including a Southern right-wing U.S. senator and a liberal performance artist who has a mysterious transformation.
- Price: $30 for adults, $25 for seniors and students
- Where/When: Watermark Journey departs from information booth at 1 City Dock, Annapolis, MD. Friday and Saturday, 7:30 to 9 p.m.
Why: Stroll the historic district of Annapolis' 18th century buildings and for a night of spooky fun. Perhaps you will encounter spirits who decided not to move on from their homes.
Price: $16 for adults, $10 for children ages 3 to 11, free for children 2 and younger
- Where/When: 2000 Capital Dr., Annapolis, MD 21401. Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Why: The Rotary Club of Parole's Books for International Goodwill (BIG) project will host their next book sale with more than 40,000 good used books available for sale at their new warehouse.
- Price: Admission is free
- Where/When: 2958 Butler Rd., Reisterstown, MD 21136. Saturday, gates open at 11:30 a.m. with post time at 3:15 p.m.
Why: Horse lovers will be excited to head to this annual tradition celebrating 109 years of steeple chase racing.
Price: Paddock-$225, subscriber-$150, general-$20
- Where/When: Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, 80 Compromise St., Annapolis, MD 21401. Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Why: Tour lighthouses on the Chesapeake Bay and learn about the history of the landmarks. Guests will enjoy a guest speaker from the Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S. Lighthouse Society.
Price: Includes box lunch, soft drinks and snacks, $89 per person, $56 per child with child's lunch