City to Close Streets for TCS Half Marathon
The race, which takes place on Saturday morning, raises money for area charities.
The race raises money for "local charities and organizations who have had funding cutbacks by governmental entities due to budgetary conditions," according to its website.
This year's beneficiaries include Food Link, U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps and Wellness House of Annapolis.
The race starts and ends at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium, and police officers will be stationed at intersections along Rowe Boulevard to direct traffic around the race from 7 to 10 a.m.
The road closures below are approximate times based on when officials believe runners will arrive at those locations. The roads could close or open slightly before or after these times.
Stadium Area, Rowe Blvd:
- Taylor Avenue between Cedar Park Road and Herbert Sachs Boulevard—Open to traffic by way of detour.
- Taylor Avenue between Herbert Sachs Blvd and B&A Blvd—Closed to traffic from 7 to 7:30 a.m.; closed with detour in place from 7:30 to 10 a.m.
- Cedar Park Rd. between Taylor Avenue and Farragut Road—Closed from 7 to 7:30 a.m.
- Farragut Road—Closed to traffic at race start from 7 to 7:30 a.m.
- Rowe Boulevard—Southbound lane from Farragut to Taylor will be closed to traffic.
West Annapolis, Taylor Avenue Area
- Taylor Avenue from Rowe Boulevard to Baltimore Boulevard—Inbound traffic only from 7:05 to 7:40 a.m.
- Intersection of Rowe Boulevard and Taylor Avenue—Closed to traffic during race.
- Taylor Avenue south of Rowe Blvd—Detour around the stadium using Farragut Road and Cedar Park to go toward West Street or re-enter Rowe Boulevard.
- Rowe Boulevard between Taylor Avenue and Northwest Street—Inbound lanes closed to traffic from 7 to 8:25 a.m.
- Northwest Street—Closed to incoming traffic, exiting traffic onto Church Circle unimpeded.
- Church Circle—The north portion between Northwest Street and Main Street will be open to traffic.
- Church Circle—College Avenue will be closed to traffic when runners pass.
- Main Street—Closed to traffic from 7:05 to 8:30 a.m.
- Main Street and Randall Street—Closed to traffic from 7:05 to 8:25 a.m.
- Randall Street and King George Street—Closed to traffic from 7:10 to 8:30 a.m.
- King George Street between Randall Street and Baltimore Boulevard—Closed to traffic from 7:10 to 8:40 a.m.
- College Avenue at King George Street—Closed to traffic entering King George Street from 7:10 to 8:40 a.m.
Naval Academy Bridge Area
- Route 450 from King George Street to USNA Gate 8—Closed to traffic during race.
- Naval Academy Bridge—Closed to traffic except those going to the USNA itself.
- Route 450 from USNA Gate 8 to B&A Boulevard—Open to traffic going to USNA only, flagged one-lane traffic.
• Ritchie Highway—Open with modifications.