Patch is coming to the rescue. We've got the best bets for your done-with-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: , Friday 6 p.m.
- Why: The first Friday night of each month brings the Open Mic night at Zu Coffee. Get ready to claim your 15 minutes of fame. Contact Patrick Kavanagh via Facebook to sign up, or walk in and sign up at the event!
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: City Dock; Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why: The U.S. Sailboat Show is the world's oldest and largest show for new, in-water sailboats. A true Annapolis tradition as the City Dock and Ego Alley are transformed into a floating showroom. Visitors can enjoy the opportunity to board and examine practically every new model sailboat on the market, make in person side by side comparisons and discuss all of the details regarding buying and owning a boat with industry experts. Not just boats—the show is the perfect place to shop around for boating products, accessories and services; including financing, insurance, electronics and foul weather gear.
- Price: $17 one-day admission, $4 children ages 7 to 12, children ages 6 and under are free.
- Where/When: . Saturday 6 p.m.
- Why: is hosting the U.S. Scholastic Band Association’s Bands by the Bay Tournament.
- Price: $8 for general admission and $6 for students and senior citizens.
- Where/When: Edgewater. Sunday, 9 a.m.
- Why: Join other Maryland volunteers to help place oysters onto the sanctuary bed. This program helps to restore the oyster population for the better health of the Chesapeake Bay.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: . Sunday, 4 p.m.
- Why: Take a high-heeled dash to help raise funds for the AAMC Breast Center. Hosted by Charm City Run and Save the Coconuts. This is an untimed 550 yard dash on a course through the Annapolis Towne Centre.
- Price: $25 in advance, $30 on race day.
About this column: It's Thursday already and Patch is here to give you some great ideas on what to do in Greater Annapolis this weekend.