We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children. Each week, we'll give you the info on some of best family activities or events for the week.
We know you're busy, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable driving distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each week, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips—just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you.
- Where/When: ; Beginning Thursday, Nov. 4 from 4:45 to 5:30 p.m.
- Why: Let your blooming scientist dive into the world of goggles, gloves and microscopes with this hands-on science class. The class will cover astronomy, chemistry, geology along with some goo and goop.
- Price: $84 for six weeks (City Residents).
- Where/When: . Thursday, 6 p.m.
- Why: Creative teens will learn the process of bookmaking, demonstrated by instructor Chrissie Hines. This handcrafted journal would make a perfect holiday gift. Great for ages 16 and older.
- Price: Free. Registration is recommended. Please call 410-222-1750.
- Where/When: . Friday from 2 to 4:30 p.m.
- Why: Let you child experience some hands-on aviation themed activities in this weekly series for children ages five and up.
- Price: Free with museum admission. Adults $4, Seniors $3, Children $2
- Where/When: . Tuesday 10 to 11 a.m.
- Why: Miss Orna at the Chesapeake Children's Museum will keep your little ones moving their minds and muscles. It's easy to pick up good habits of fitness with these fun games.
- Price: $4 ages 1 and up.