We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children. Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
We know you're busy, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable driving distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each week, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips—just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you.
- Where/When: . Thursday, 6 p.m.
- Why: Creative teens will learn the process of bookmaking, demonstrated by Maryland Hall instructor Chrissie Hines. This handcrafted journal would make a perfect holiday gift. Great for ages 16 and older.
- Price: Free. Registration is recommended. Please call 410-222-1750.
- Where/When: Assorted venue's around Washington. Check Schedule Festival for locations and show times online.
- Why: The Kids Euro Festival is presented by the 27 member countries of the European Union and is coordinated by the French-American Cultural Foundations in collaboration with local cultural institutions. Families can enjoy performances celebrating the cultural history of Lithuania, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria and many more.
- Price: Free admission.
- Where/When: . Saturday from noon to 2 p.m.
- Why: Get prepared for Veteran's Day with your children with this free craft session at Michael's. Children ages 3 and up will make their own flag to display their gratitude for our nation's military, past and present.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: . Saturday, 6 p.m.
- Why: Kids will love a chance to get to wear their pajamas outside and head to this special storytime hosted by Pottery Barn Kids.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: . Wednesday, 11 a.m. to noon.
- Why: Half pints will create a decorative bird feeder using basic ingredients that birds will love.
- Price: $5 per child.