We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children. Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
We know you're busy, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable driving distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each week, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips—just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you.
- Where/When: . Thursday, two sessions at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Why: Parents and caregivers are welcome to bring babies (up to age 2) for a fun-filled half hour of stories, songs, rhymes and fingerplays that will stimulate early development.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: . Monday at 10 a.m.
- Why: Zü Kids Club offers music and fun with Bridgette Michaels on guitar and Dawn on the conga's. Enjoy a locally roasted coffee while the kiddos enjoy the tunes!
- Price: A $5 donation for Bridgette helps keep the songs going, so thanks for donating!
- Where/When: . Wednesday at 11 a.m.
- Why: Your half pint will enjoy making a turkey of their own to start celebrating the spirit of the holiday!
- Price: $5 per child.
- Where/When: . Wednesday, 11 a.m.
- Why: Playtime with some exploration stories, featuring: “A Is for Astronaut: Exploring Space from A to Z” by Traci N. Todd and Sara Gillingham; “Roaring Rockets (Amazing Machines)” by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker; and “On the Moon” by Anna Milbourne, Laura Fearn and Benji Davies. Kids can decorate outer space foam glasses, assemble a rocket flinger flyer and more.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: . Wednesday, all day.
- Why: Bring along canned food items for the Food Bank and get a free ice skate rental.
- Price: Charitable.