We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children. Each week, we'll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
We know you're busy, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable driving distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each week, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips—just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you.
- Where/When: Anne Arundel County Fairgrounds. Friday and Saturday, 7 to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Why: Enjoy the season with a haunting good time. Take the hayride for some thrills and chills, then tour the haunted barn.
- Price: $13 each, kids 6 and under free.
- Where/When: ; Saturday, 11 a.m.
- Why: Enjoy games for all ages, food, a book sale, a costume parade and contest and the world's famous Hillsmere Fun Fair Silent Auction and Raffle. All proceeds will benefit Hillsmere Elementary School.
- Price: Free admission.
- Where/When: . Saturday at 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Why: Get the family along with the dog in the car for a doggone good time including canine costume contests, prizes, music, games, fun and more.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: . Monday, 10 a.m.
- Why: Opening Day at the Ice Rink kicks off this year with a great party celebrating Halloween. Be sure to wear your costume and enter the contest!
- Price: Special admission price of $4.
- Where/When: . Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.
- Why: Grab the kids and head out for a morning of fun singing and dancing led by Kidsinger Jim, including face painting, free give-a-ways and more.
- Price: Free.