We've assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children. Each week, we'll give you the info on some of best family activities or events for the week.
We know you're busy, so we're happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable driving distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each week, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips—just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you.
- Where/When: ; Friday 6 to 9 p.m.
- Why: Calling all 'tweens—grab your friends, head to The Clay Bakers to paint some one-of-a-kind pottery with no studio fees. Enjoy all you can eat pizza and sodas!
- Price: $5 per tween.
- Where/When: ; Saturday, 9:30 a.m.
- Why: Explore an indoor playground like none other! This fun-filled morning will include three moonbounces, face painting, $2 pony rides and much more!
- Price: Free admission, some fees apply for certain activities.
- Where/When: ; Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Why: Join in the fun with the National Gaming Day and play strategy, puzzle, video and board games. Bring a friend and put us on the map! Ideal for children ages 7 and up.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: . Wednesday, two sessions 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Why: Discover the history of our Thanksgiving Turkeys at Tawes Gardens. Discussions will be led by a naturalist sharing the history of the turkey with our nation and children will have the opportunity to create a pine cone turkey to take home.
- Price: $1/child (with accompanying adult).