Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
- Where/When: . Friday, Aug. 5, from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Why: Enjoy a crab feast sponsored by the Rotary Club of Annapolis and help raise money for the community. The 2010 feast yielded $46,000 in profits donated to local charities. Feast includes all you can eat and drink with large male crabs, Maryland vegetable crab soup, sweet Maryland corn on the cob, beef barbecue sandwiches, hot dogs, draft beer, assorted sodas and water.
- Price: $60 each for adults, $20 each for children (ages 3 to 12 years old), and free for children younger than 3.
- Where/When: . Friday at 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Why: The first Friday night of each month brings the Open Mic night at Zu Coffee. Get ready to claim your 15 minutes of fame. Contact Patrick Kavanagh via Facebook to sign up, or walk in and sign up at the event!
- Price: No cover charge.
- Where/When: . Friday, 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Why: Enjoy the wonderful weather and an outdoor concert in Parole with the Rob Levit Trio playing their smooth jazz tunes.
- Price: Free.
- Where/When: . Saturday, 2 p.m.
- Why: BIN 201 Wine Sellers offers tasting classes for the developing wine enthusiast referred to as the BINOLOGY series. These 90 minute classes are loaded with information from wine experts to expand your palette. Learn the terminology, techniques for tasting and how to discover the undertones and highlighted flavors in wine.
- Price: Prices vary from $29-$39 per person.
- Where/When: Hillsmere Beach, 616 Hillsmere Dr., Annapolis, MD 21403. Sunday, 8 to 9 a.m.
- Why: Lululemon hosts this "underground" network of yoga classes around the community to get skeptics to give yoga a try and get to know the community better. The location changes each week and is announced weekly.
- Price: Free.