As the holiday season approaches, Patch will be visiting area businesses to get a sense of what they have to offer for holiday shoppers looking to save, spend or splurge on gifts.
Today's gift ideas come from Brown Eyed Girl, a downtown Annapolis shop located at near Church Circle on 234 Main St.
The store has a beachy vibe and carries women's clothing, accessories, and home decor items. It's run by GeorgiAnna King Schurr and Kathy Stanfield. The two provide decorative gift bags for items and accept returns for store credit or exchange only.
SAVE (Items $25 or less):
- Coobie Bras ($22 to $24)— King Schurr said she has trouble stocking these bras, which are a combination bra and bandeau top. She said they are the most comfortable seamless bras ever. They also come in a version with wider straps for larger chested women.
- Ted Shred's Surf Wax Candles ($10 to $30)—These candles are made by a surfer in California from surfboard wax. The idea came to him after he had board wax melt in his car on a hot day. King Schurr said the candles a good, unusual gift for a candle lover.
- Brown Eyed Girl Gear ($18 to $39)—The store sells hats, tank tops and T-shirts with their logo on them.
SPEND (Items $50 or less):
- Cross-body Bag ($36)—One of several handbags carried by the store. This black festival bag by O'Neill also includes a built in wallet.
- Hat and Gloves ($26 each)—The matching hat and fingerless mittens are one of several sets on sale at the store. King Schurr said they are a great gift if you don't know a person's size.
- Earrings ($30 to $40)—These earrings are handmade from base metal by New York-based artist Joyce Market. King Schurr said what her customers love about them is they are large, but light weight and never tarnish.
SPLURGE (Items around $100):
- Pea Coat ($80)—This cream colored pea coat with rosette detailing is by the brand A'reve. It comes in sizes extra small to large, and King Schurr said she will soon have it in a deep purple color as well.
- Pillows ($96 to $100 each)—These pillows are handmade by women in Peru. They are fair trade and by a brand called Jenny Krauss.
- Dress ($74)—This black burnout velvet dress with lace panels is by A'reve as well and comes in sizes extra small to large. It's part Lycra so it stretches and flares out at the bottom. King Schurr said she thinks it would be perfect for those upcoming holiday parties.
Want your business highlighted in the gift guide? Email:Anna.Staver@patch.com
Editor's Note: The price points for save, spend and splurge are based off the price range at each business highlighted in the gift guide.