As the holiday season approaches, Patch will be visiting area businesses to get a sense of what they have to offer for holiday shoppers looking to save, spend or splurge on gifts.
These gift ideas come from Star Monograms at 62 Maryland Ave. in downtown Annapolis.
The store sells a range of new items from jewelry to blankets and nearly everything can be monogrammed. The store is owned by Katie Warwick-Schreiner.
SAVE (Items less than $40):
- Cashmere scarf ($35)—The scarfs come in a variety of colors and can be monogrammed, but Warwick-Schreiner said it will take up to 10 days for the personalizing to be done.
- Enameled bangles and earrings ($28)—These fashion jewelry pieces come in a range of bright colors.
- Leather datebook ($34)—These 2013 datebooks are small enough to fit in your purse and can also be stamped with your initials.
SPEND (Items less than $100):
- Place mats ($90 for six)—The place mats come in a variety of colors, and Warwick-Schreiner said they make a great gift for newlyweds.
- Skipper bag ($76)—These bags are made from sail cloth in Oxford, MD, and come in a variety of styles and sizes.
- Necklace ($59 to $79)—These acrylic necklaces can be carved for one initial or three and come in a variety of finishes and fonts.
SPLURGE (Items $100 or more):
- Blanket ($110)—These blankets are made from a cotton blend and come in a variety of colors.
- Rain boots ($100)—These boots only come in black but the monogramming can be done in a range of colors. They are designed to look like a riding boot and are also available in children's sizes.
- Bathrobe and pajamas ($140 each)—Made from Egyptian cotton, these clothing items are hand embroidered. Warwick-Schreiner said she thinks either one makes a great gift because it's not something a person will usually buy for themselves.