Last week Annapolis mourned the death of its former Mayor Dennis Callahan, who died suddenly Wednesday morning of a heart attack.
Also, people were talking about making the English language Anne Arundel County's official language, while others were discussing Annapolis Ward 6 Alderman Kenneth Kirby’s residency status and what it means for his position on council.
And that's just to name a couple of the stories people were talking about this week.
We also have some detailed information if you'd like to know more about how to use the Patch site.
This week's top five stories (in no particular order):
- Former Mayor morning of a heart attack. He also served in Anne Arundel County Executive John Leopold's administration. Mayor Josh Cohen remembered him as a "can-do" mayor and ordered the city's until Callahan is laid to rest.
- Saying he was responding to constituent concerns, Councilman Jerry Walker (R-7th District) introduced a bill on the Anne Arundel County Council to .
- A county zoning official has informed that its plan for the Annapolis Golf Club property . But there is a pending bill that could change that.
- The Annapolis Board of Supervisors of Elections said it is not the proper body to consider . The matter should be taken up by the mayor and council, which has scheduled a closed session for Monday to discuss the situation.
- The county and the city have entered an agreement for Annapolis to at the corner of Clay and Calvert streets. The plan is for the city to eventually take over ownership of the park.