Planning for your child's first foray into Anne Arundel County public schools? Registration for prekindergarten classes will begin on Feb. 5.
Parents interested in registering must do so in person at the school the child will be attending. Children must be at least 4 years old by Sept. 1, 2013 to qualify for the program, according to a release from the school system.
When registering in person, the following documents will be required:
- The child's original birth certificate or birth record
- A copy of the child's immunization record
- Two proofs of residency (rental or mortgage agreement and current utility bill are applicable)
Several elementary schools in Annapolis offer prekindergarten programs, including:
- Annapolis Elementary
- Eastport Elementary
- Germantown Elementary
- Hillsmere Elementary
- Mills-Parole Elementary
- Rolling Knolls Elementary
- Tyler Heights Elementary
If you are unsure of which schools in your area offer prekindergarten classes, check the full list of schools involved on the Anne Arundel County Public School System's (AACPS) website.
Parents applying for prekindergarten due to economic need must provide income eligibility verification by submitting the following documentation:
- Recent federal income tax return (a 1040 statement), including any other documentation on income sources, such as child support
- A current award letter for temporary cash assistance or supplemental nutrition assistance program
For more information on applying, visit the school system's website, or contact the AACPS Planning Office at 410-439-5683.