Annapolis Area Christian School
The middle school Bestgate Road campus of Annapolis Area Christian School (AACS) serves students in grades 6 to 8. AACS provides a Christian education that will prepare students for high school and help them make life decisions. While class sizes vary depending on the subject, the maximum number of students per class is 25. AACS offers before- and after-school care.
Students wishing to apply may attend open houses (check the website or call the school office for details) and apply in the fall one year prior to when they would start at AACS. Note that the school requires that "all families must be involved in active fellowship with a Bible-believing church."
Younger AACS students from kindergarten readiness to grade 5 attend the lower school, which is located about five minutes away on Ridgely Avenue in Annapolis. The Severn Run upper school campus is located in west Anne Arundel County for AACS students in grades 9 through 12.
A shuttle serves all of the AACS campuses, and bus transportation may be available in some areas.
AACS provides K - 12 education. This location is its middle school.
- Fax: 410-573-6866
- Hours: School hours: Mon - Fri, 8:15am - 3pm. Office hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Sep 01 1971
- Number of students: 231
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Christian
- Accreditation/licenses: Christian Schools International, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, National Institute of Learning Disabilities
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: AACS has many community outreach programs, and students perform service projects such as yard work and cleaning at homes that care for people with disabilities.
- Grade levels: 6 - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Opportunities exist for students in art and band/music.
- Sports teams: Basketball, cross-country, lacrosse, soccer, volleyball
- Student clubs: Chess club, robotics, student council