Annapolis High School (AHS), located on Riva Road, is home to the Panthers and serves grades 9 to 12. AHS is a Maryland Green School since 2001 and an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School since 2005. The IB program incorporates world and cultural experiences with a challenging curriculum for students in grades 11 and 12. The Middle Years Program is offered to students in grades 9 and 10. Students must apply to participate. Other programs offered to students at AHS include vo-tech through the Center of Applied Technology at South River, college prep with AVID (Advanced via Individual Determination), and leadership training with Naval Junior ROTC.
Annapolis and Bates middle schools feed into Annapolis High, as do the following elementary schools: Annapolis, Eastport, Georgetown East, Germantown, Hillsmere, Mills-Parole, Rolling Knolls, Tyler Heights and West Annapolis.
In the spring of 2010, Principal Donald Lilley was recognized as High School Principal of the Year by the Maryland Association of Secondary School Principals for his leadership efforts at the school since he started there in 2004.
- Fax: 410-266-0687
- Hours: School hours: 7:17am - 2:05pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 1,633
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 105
- How engaged is the school with the community?: AHS is very engaged with the community and parents are active in the school with the following groups: Parent-Teacher-Student Organization, Athletic Boosters, Band Boosters, Human Relations Committee, and Citizens Advisory Committee.
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: English, U.S. History, Modern European History, American Government, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, Latin, Psychology, Music, Statistics, Computer Science, German, French and Spanish
- Student clubs: Many clubs available, check the website for complete list.
- Sports teams: Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Indoor Track, Wrestling, Baseball, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field