Since Revolutionary days, Middleton Tavern has been a landmark in Annapolis. Luminaries such as George Washington and Ben Franklin all have stopped here; the tavern is interwoven with many historical events.
Middleton is one of the few places in historic Annapolis that has a large area for outdoor dining. The front porch has a view of Ego Alley, diners can check out the boats and people- watch at the same time. Inside, the atmosphere is colonial and cosy; there is a tap room, a restaurant area, a piano bar and a large banquet room upstairs for private parties. The tavern is part of the "haunted pub" tour every year, and has its own ghost, known as Roland.
The menu is diverse: traditional fare, a raw bar, entrees and casual lunch foods such as sandwiches and wraps are on the diverse menu. When in Annapolis, stop in to Middleton Tavern for a brush with history, a ghostly sighting or just some fine food and drink.
- Fax: 410-263-3807
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 11:30am - 1:30am; Sat, Sun, 10am - 1:30am
- Handicap Accessible: The business is wheelchair-accessible.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1968
- Payments accepted: Cash, Diner's Club, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: www.middletontavern.com/menus.html
- Specialties: Raw bar, seafood
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Burgers, Live / Raw Food, Sandwiches, Seafood
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Features: Brunch, Dinner, Fireplace, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties, View
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: casual