Sandy Point State Park
Sandy Point State Park is a Maryland state gem and a perfect spot for a family outing or group get-together. The park, which is more than 786 acres long, features swimming beaches, including a section that is staffed with life guards during the summer. After a swim, enjoy a picnic lunch in the park's grassy area, which includes grills, a playground and both basketball and volleyball courts.
Situated on the northwest shore of the Chesapeake Bay, boat lovers won't be disappointed. The park's marina features 22 boat launch ramps. There is also a fishing pier next to the boat ramps. Nature lovers can take a walk along the park's Symbi Trail. And if you're looking for a place to host your family reunion, child's birthday party, or other event, ask about reserving one of the park's 12 sheltered picnic pavilions.
- Hours: Beginning of April - Oct, 6am - sunset; Beginning of Nov - Dec, 8am - sunset
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Paid lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: There is an entry fee charged for all vehicles entering the park. The fee varies, depending on the day of the week and season, but ranges between $3 and $6 per vehicle.
- Features: Beach, Benches, Boat dock, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Restrooms, Showers
- Permit requirements: For people 16 years and older, a Chesapeake Bay Sport Fishing License is required in order to fish.
- Area: 786 acres