St. Anne's School of Annapolis
St. Anne's School of Annapolis is an independent Episcopal school for students from age 2 to grade 8. The school features small classes with an average of 13 students.
The two year-old program at St. Anne's consists of half-days, either two or three days per week. The three year-old program can be either half or full-day for three or five days per week. The four year-old program is five days per week, and can be either full or half-day.
St. Anne's offers an academically challenging program that "draws from a combination of traditional and innovative methods." All students in grades 4 to 8 take religion classes, and Spanish is taught from kindergarten to eighth grade. Applications for admission are accepted from Oct. 1 to Feb. 15 for the following school year. Any applications submitted after Feb. 15 will be considered on a rolling basis. Check the website for more information, open house dates, and extracurricular activities offered through the "Enrich Annapolis" program that is open to students as well as the community.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Contact email: creiss@St.AnnesSchool.org
- Founding Date: 1992
- Number of students: 220
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Episcopal
- Accreditation/licenses: Association of Independent Maryland Schools, National Association of Independent Schools, Maryland State Board of Education
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 8:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 33
- How engaged is the school with the community?: We offer Enrich Annapolis after-school classes and music lessons and we also have a summer camp. We also open our campus for a variety of community events throughout the year, including speaker events, picnics, theatrical productions and spirit days.
- What makes this community special?: Our inquiry-based academic program coupled with our social curriculum prepares students to think critically, creatively, and confidently; to collaborate with others; and to develop a strong sense of self.
- Grade levels: Preschool through Eighth Grade
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: The school offers after-school and community programs in art, foreign language, sports, science, music and family activities (open to students and members of the community)
- Sports teams: Middle school sports: Cross-Country, Field Hockey, Soccer, Basketball, Lacrosse and Tennis
- Uniforms: Yes
- Age range: 2-14