White House / Black Market
White House/Black Market, a successful national chain of clothing boutiques, had its beginnings in Maryland. Its flagship store opened in Baltimore in 1985 and the second store, located in historic downtown Annapolis, followed soon after. Each boutique caters to the working woman, and the label's fans include First Lady Michelle Obama. Its signature white-and-black color palette for clothing is created by in-house designers and their fashion focus is American classics. White House/Black Market stands out for its quality customer service, wide range of sizes – from 00 to 16 – unique collection of black and white shoes, affordable prices and special in-store "Girls Night Out" social events.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 10am - 9:30pm; Sat, 10am - 10pm; Sun, 10am - 8:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Specialty clothing, jewelry accessories, shoes
- Services: Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Shipping
- Return policy: No hassle 60-day return policy.
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- What's a fashion tip that never goes out of style?: "Choose classic pieces that never go out of style."
- Original design / hand-made?: Yes
- Part of a chain: Yes
- Tailoring: No