New Annapolis Beer Company Launches This Weekend With Party At Downtown Pub
ANNAPOLIS, MD - The Annapolis Beer Company launches this Saturday. The beer will be sold at bars and liquor stores in the Annapolis area.
The new brewer will celebrate with a kickoff party at Stan and Joe's Saloon, located at 37 West Street, from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The business will start with an Indian Pale Ale, in hopes of perfecting one brew before adding other variations. Dubbed Annapolis IPA, the beer is crisp and hop-forward with a 6.1% alcohol by volume.
The Annapolis Beer Company wants to eventually open its own brewery and taproom in the Annapolis area. For now, Hellbender Brewing Company and Key Brewing Company will brew the Annapolis Beer Company's product.
"Annapolis Beer Co. will always seek to find better ingredients, practices, and ways to produce the best brews possible," the company said on its website, thanking its brewing partners."We recognize that starting a production brewery is an arduous process."
Annapolis native Dusty Poore founded the Annapolis Beer Company and has over a decade of experience in the beer industry.
"Dusty loves to share beer with friends, family, and complete strangers," the Annapolis Beer Company said on its website. "No matter where you cross his path; boating on the bay, tailgating after a lacrosse game, or at a local DMV pub, he is always happy to share beers with a smile."
A list of everywhere the new beer will be sold is posted here.
Upcoming tastings are scheduled for:
- Whitey's Liquors in Linthicum Heights (Wednesday, Sept. 20 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Fishpaws Marketplace in Arnold (Friday, Sept. 22 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Edgewater Liquors (Thursday, Oct. 19 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Dawson's Liquors in Severna Park (Friday, Oct. 20 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
There is an Annapolis Brewing Company in Annapolis Royal, Canada. The Annapolis Beer Company is different and based in Annapolis, Maryland.
More News from Annapolis
- Tropical Storm Ophelia Weather Decisions In MD: Renn Fest, Bay Bridge Paddle, Oktoberfest Tropical Storm Ophelia forced many weather decisions in Anne Arundel. Here's the latest on the Renaissance Festival, the Bay Bridge Paddle, Oktoberfest and more.
- Annapolis Author Releases 1st Children's Book, Celebrates With Party An Annapolis author released his first children's book. In the story, 10 cats and a mouse work together for historic preservation in the state capital.