Shots Fired From Annapolis Balcony, Officers Arrest Armed Suspect: Police
ANNAPOLIS, MD - Police said they arrested an Annapolis man accused of firing shots from his apartment balcony on Sunday afternoon. Nobody was hurt.
Officers identified the arrestee as Bryson Fonsville, 23.
Callers reported that Fonsville was shooting into the woods, authorities said.
Police said they arrived and saw the suspect armed on the balcony.
Officers said they asked him to set his weapon down.
Authorities said they entered the apartment and took Fonsville into custody without incident at 1:03 p.m.
The Annapolis Police Department said it also found several weapons in the apartment, which are now being cataloged at the agency's headquarters.
Officers said they charged Fonsville with:
- Reckless endangerment
- Possession of a firearm without a serial number
- Failure to obey a reasonable, lawful order
- Disorderly conduct
- Discharge of a firearm within the City of Annapolis
- Discharge of a firearm within a structure
Authorities said they wouldn't call Fonsville an active shooter because he wasn't targeting any people. They also don't know how many shots were fired.
Police are still investigating.
Anybody with information can call officers at 410-260-3439. Tipsters can stay anonymous by dialing 410-280-CLUE (410-280-2583).
Informants can anonymously contact the Metro Crime Stoppers of Maryland by calling 1-866-7LOCKUP (1-866-756-2587), visiting metrocrimestoppers.org or using the P3 Tips mobile application.
The Metro Crime Stoppers is a non-police organization that collects tips and shares them with detectives.
This map shows the area where officers said the shooting happened.
More News from Annapolis
- New Restaurant Opens In Annapolis, Smashing Grapes Converted Into The Lodge A new restaurant just opened in Annapolis. Smashing Grapes was converted into The Lodge, a rustic eatery with farm-fresh food.
- Snow Flurries Possible In MD, Windy Cold Blast Rolls In The first snowflakes of the season may fall Tuesday in Maryland. A windy cold blast could bring a few flurries.