Christmas Pop-Up Bar, Santa Photos, Tree + Menorah Lightings Coming To Annapolis
ANNAPOLIS, MD - A holiday speakeasy opens this weekend in the Annapolis Town Center. Other upcoming events include Santa photos along with tree and Menorah lightings.
Holiday Speak Easy
Dubbed the Holly Jolly Hideaway, the speakeasy is a pop-up bar that has a different winter theme each week. Karaoke lovers will appreciate the carol-oke on select days.
The 21+ bar will be open from Friday through Dec. 23 just north of Santa's Cottage. Tickets aren't required. The hours are:
- Thursday and Sunday: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
More details, including each week's dress-up theme and karaoke times, are posted here.
The town center shared this sneak peek photo on Facebook.
Santa Claus will be available from Saturday through Dec. 23. He will not have any availability on Thanksgiving, which is on Nov. 23.
Special events with Santa include the:
- Sensory Santa for kids with autism (Nov. 22 from noon to 2 p.m.)
- Pajama day (Nov. 29)
- Pet day (Dec. 6)
- Ugly sweater day (Dec. 13)
Reservations are only required for the sensory Santa.
Reservations are encouraged on all other days, but walk-ins will also be accepted.
Santa’s Cottage will be located at 1915 Towne Centre Blvd. Suite 250.
Visit this webpage for more details on reservations, hours and pricing.
Christmas Tree, Hanukkah Menorah Lightings
The Annapolis Town Center's Christmas tree lighting ceremony is also scheduled for Friday.
The fun runs from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. near P.F. Chang's and the East Village Boathouse. The first 500 families will get a free Annapolis Town Center ornament. There will also be a DJ, games, fireworks and a mobile bar. Santa will arrive to help light the tree around 7:45 p.m.
The event is free, but tickets are required for headcount purposes. Tickets are available at this link.
The town center will light the first candle on its Menorah on Dec. 7 at 5 p.m. The Menorah will be located across from J. Alexander's restaurant. Click here to learn more.
Other Holiday Events
Other holiday events include:
- Holiday buoy painting (Nov. 25)
- Gingerbread house making (Dec. 2 and Dec. 16)
- Mrs. Claus book club and cookies (Dec. 9)
- Tuscan Prime brunch with Santa (Dec. 10)
Visit the Annapolis Town Center's website for more specifics on any of these holiday happenings.
More News from Annapolis
- New Restaurant Opens In Annapolis, Smashing Grapes Converted Into The Lodge A new restaurant just opened in Annapolis. Smashing Grapes was converted into The Lodge, a rustic eatery with farm-fresh food.
- Snow Flurries Possible In MD, Windy Cold Blast Rolls In The first snowflakes of the season may fall Tuesday in Maryland. A windy cold blast could bring a few flurries.