Boat Parade Returning To Annapolis: Where To Watch
ANNAPOLIS, MD - An Annapolis holiday staple returns this weekend.
The Eastport Yacht Club Lights Parade is this Saturday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Spa Creek.
The city expects heavy boat, car and pedestrian traffic. Viewers should arrive early and plan for extra travel time.
Spectators can watch from these locations:
- Eastport Bridge
- Naval Academy
- City Dock
- Ego Alley
- Walkway in front of Annapolis City Marina in Eastport
Viewers can also watch from any streets that dead end at the harbor or Spa Creek. Those dead-ends are:
- Market, Shipwright and Revel Streets
- Acton Cove
- Southgate, Taney and Cheston Avenues
- Lafayette Park
- Monticello Avenue
- Primrose Road (Truxtun Park)
- Burnside Street
- Fourth Street
- Third Street
- Second Street
- First Street
For a paid experience, spectators can check out:
- CoreShark H2O's watch party and fundraiser at the Charles Carroll House of Annapolis
- Watermark Journey's dinner cruise and watch party
A map of the parade route is posted here.
Not only is the lights parade a local favorite, but it's also garnering national attention.
The EYC Lights Parade is a finalist for one of the best holiday parades in the country. Public voting was open through USA Today until Nov. 29. The top 10 parades will be announced Friday at noon at this link.
More News from Annapolis
- Annapolis Restaurant Week Returns With Deals At Dozens Of Eateries Annapolis Restaurant Week is back. Here's everywhere with discounts and specials.
- Historic Former Black Beach Expanding, Adding Visitor Center In Annapolis Chuck Berry performed along this Annapolis coast during segregation. Now an honorary park, the city is adding a welcome center to tell the history of Black recreation on the bay.